Ali expected to attend Frazier's funeral
Muhammad Ali is expected to arrive in Philadelphia as soon as Friday to attend funeral services for Joe Frazier.
LIVE heavyweight title fight: Velasquez vs. dos Santos
Sat. Nov. 12, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT
From the Honda Center in Anaheim
- VIDEO: Glazer previews UFC on FOX
- VIDEO: Dos Santos-Velasquez simulation
- VIDEO: UFC on FOX: Cain, Junior ready
- VIDEO: UFC on FOX: Overeem's analysis
- Fight Replay: Velasquez vs. Lesnar
- Fight Replay: Dos Santos vs. Verdum
- UFC on FOX: Lightweight showcase
- VIDEO: UFC on FOX countdown
- VIDEO: UFC on FOX fighter predictions
- VIDEO: UFC on FOX preview
- UFC Primetime: Velasquez v. dos Santos
- Velasquez discusses dos Santos fight
- Dos Santos ready for this big stage
- VIDEO: UFC on FOX fight announced
- VIDEO: UFC, FOX Sports come together
Ali and Larry Holmes will be among the mourners for Frazier, the former world amateur and pro boxing champ who died from liver cancer on Monday, aged 67.
Ali and Frazier had a stormy relationship but made amends in recent years.
Public viewings of Frazier's body will take place at Philadelphia's Wells Fargo Center on Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Frazier's funeral service is set for Nov. 14 at Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church at 11:00am, with a viewing beforehand.
Frazier was the first man to beat Muhammad Ali, knocking him down and taking a decision in the so-called Fight of the Century in 1971. He would go on to lose two more fights to Ali, including the epic "Thriller in Manila" bout.
Frazier was bitter for many years about the way Ali treated him then. More recently, he said he had forgiven Ali for repeatedly taunting him.