Oscar De La Hoya wins sex-romp suit
Former boxing champ Oscar De La Hoya scored a first-round TKO over the blonde beauty who accused him of taking advantage of her during a drug-fueled sex romp.
"I am glad to be able to put this outrageous case behind me. My past was dark, but my future is bright," De La Hoya said Thursday after Manhattan Supreme Court justice Paul Wooten found Angelica Cecora's tale of being "imprisoned" by De La Hoya "frivolous" and ordered her to pay $500 in court fees.
The petite blonde sued De La Hoya for $5 million after accusing him of intimidating her and causing "emotional distress" during an allegedly drug-fueled sex romp at The Ritz-Carlton on Central Park South on March 15 last year.
The suit included embarrassing allegations that De La Hoya dressed up in her lingerie and had Cecora and her roommate perform kinky sex acts on him.
The Olympic gold medalist and pro champ said he thought it was important to fight back.
"Many celebrities are often targeted out of greed, and it is important to stand your ground," he said. "People should not be entitled to a free ride based on someone else's fame."
Cecora's suit said her run-in with the pugilist took place in his hotel suite, where De La Hoya "put on plaintiff's underwear" and "ordered drugs and drug paraphernalia to be delivered to his room."
He then asked Cecora to perform a sex act on him, the suit said. Later, he asked her to call a friend to bring sex toys, and Cecora rang up her roommate, she claimed.
The roommate then went to work on the champ, as well, and both women went to sleep at around 2:30 a.m. local time, the suit said. An hour later, he allegedly tried rousing Cecora four times to try to get her to have sex with him again, even though she had repeatedly said no.
Cecora claimed she "was afraid to leave the hotel room because she feared that the defendant would attempt to have sex with her again against her will."
The judge disagreed. He found the case "completely without merit in the law" and an obvious effort to "harass or maliciously injure" the troubled fighter. He also noted that Cecora had a news conference before the first hearing in the case in January.
Cecora's lawyer, Tony Evans, said they would appeal.