Daily Buzz: 'Space Jam 2' is news to LeBron, but he's game
FEB 24, 2014 6:57p ET
There were rumblings last week that a "Space Jam" sequel was in the works -- with LeBron James on board as the film’s star. Those rumors were quickly debunked, but that doesn’t mean James wouldn’t be interested should such a project ever actually come to fruition.
In an interview with the Palm Beach Post, James addressed the suggestion that he could replace Michael Jordan in part two of the intergalactic basketball flick.
“I haven’t heard anything about it,” James told the paper of his alleged involvement in the film. “Like I said, I’ve always loved 'Space Jam 1.' It was one of my favorite movies growing up. If I have the opportunity, it’d be great. But that’s news to me. Obviously I don’t want to be on there with this (bandage) on my (broken) nose. We’ll see what happens.”
And should he ever lead the Toon Squad in a rematch with the Monstars on the big screen, James will be ready for -- if leery of -- his extraterrestrial counterparts.
“Absolutely,” James told the Post. “Those guys are very intimidating and they’re bigger than us. We’ve got to do our due diligence here on Earth.”
Entertaining as it might someday be, "Space Jam 2" seems like little more than a popular idea among fans for the time being. That said, LeBron should still probably remain skeptical of any fishy holes-in-one on the golf course going forward.
Now, for some links:
• Dee Ford says he is better than Jadeveon Clowney, whom he described as playing “like a blind dog in a meat market.”
• The company formed by the folks from "Duck Dynasty" is now sponsoring a bowl game.
• An ECHL minor league hockey team will play on the roof of a casino next season.
• Cliff Lee reportedly claims a fan sent him fingernail clippings in the mail.
• The penalty for misbehaving at a Hawks game should be forcing you to watch this video:
• Josh Hamilton surprised a youth baseball team at the Louisville Slugger factory:
• This kid really wants to take Gracie Gold to prom:
• Everyone farts -- even Mickey Mantle.
• Danny Granger does not seem interested in playing for the 76ers.
• Someone find Tyler Thornburg of the Milwaukee Brewers a hat that fits, please.
• Folks in Australia are not exactly pleased with Zack Greinke’s lack of enthusiasm about having to play there.
• The Czech Republic hockey coach resigned from his position after the team’s Olympic disappointment, then blamed the media.
• Jamal Crawford has a good memory:
• Jose Reyes rapped with a couple of Canadian reporters:
• If you’re a Utah Jazz rookie and you forget to bring doughnuts, your car gets filled with popcorn. That’s just how it goes:
• Jim Thome says he wants to be a manager.
• Mike Minor isn’t quite up to speed at spring training, but he has a good (and painful) reason.
• Kobe Bryant had a lot of nice things to say about Jason Collins’ debut with Brooklyn on Sunday.
• A couple of bros went and got “Yeah Jeets” tribute tattoos.
• Mike Ditka says Roger Goodell’s $44 million salary is well-deserved.
• Thomas Robinson basically ate this Corey Brewer dunk attempt:
• Tom Thibodeau’s laugh will haunt your dreams:
• Here’s part of the Metrodome coming down: