Report: Neuheisel to be fired after season
COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011
- Week 14: Scoreboard | Gallery
- Updated: BCS | AP | Coaches
- Pages: FX GOTW | TTT | Pereira
- Gallery: LSU vs. Alabama, Part I
- Gallery: It's Rivalry Week
- Gallery: Crazy CFB uniforms
- Gallery: Nebraska vs. Penn St.
- Gallery: It's Halloween time
- Gallery: CFB remembers 9/11
- Video: Highlights and interviews
- Latest updates: CFN | Scout | YB
UCLA football coach Rick Neuheisel is set to be fired even if the team makes the Rose Bowl, the Los Angeles Times reported late Saturday, citing sources.
Bruins athletic director Dan Guerrero will sit down with Neuheisel after their season is over — which could be as soon as next Friday, when UCLA plays Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship Game as a heavy underdog.
The only reason UCLA, which was thumped 50-0 by USC on Saturday, is the South Division representative in the title game is because the Trojans are banned from postseason play.
Before the Bruins' lopsided loss to their crosstown rivals, a source told the Times that UCLA would have to win the Pac-12 title for Neuheisel to have any chance of his retaining his job.
Neuheisel has a 21-28 record in four seasons at the helm, including 3-25 against teams that finished with a winning record.