FOX Sports Fantasy Football League of the Year Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the fifty (50) United States and Washington, DC only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or Washington, DC. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “FOX Sports Fantasy Football League of the Year” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes") entry begins on April 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends at 12:00 PM PT on September 17, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is FOX Sports Interactive Media, LLC (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are at least 18 years of age or the age of legal majority in the state of primary residence by September 17, 2013 (the “Entrant”). Entrant must be a Member of a FOX Fantasy Football Private League (the “League”) that registers a minimum of eight (8) players (each, a “Member”), which conduct a draft prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period and are “Active,” as defined below, each week from the end of the Sweepstakes Period through Week 10 of the professional football season. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, an Active League is a League that conducts roster setting changes OR message board communication OR waiver wire transactions OR player trades. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and Administrator (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in the Sweepstakes, Entrant must be a Member of an existing League, and in compliance with these Official Rules. The Member designated as the Commissioner of the registered League will be declared as the “Official Contact” for such league and such person’s decisions on behalf of their Members shall be final and binding. The Commissioner must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in their Account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Commissioner and/or winner, they will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened.
|Grand Prize (1)
||There is one (1) Grand Prize available. The Grand Prize winning League will receive the following: One (1) Official FOX Sports Fantasy Football Trophy customized with the winning League’s name; one (1) on-air ticker listing during the NFL on FOX Pre-Game show during Week 17 which may include League Winner name, League Winner team name, and League name ; one (1) framed photo of the on-air ticker mention; and one (1) custom congratulations message by on-air talent from the NFL on FOX pregame show which may include League name and team name of individual Members in first place within the league at the conclusion of Week 16 (“League Winner”) delivered via DVD. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00).
|First Prizes (9)
||There are nine (9) First Prizes available. Each First Prize winning League will receive: One (1) Official FOX Sports Fantasy Football Trophy customized with the winning League’s name. ARV: One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
Cumulative ARV of All Prizes: $1,050.00
Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize. If the actual value of any prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. Prizes will be awarded to the Commissioner of the winning League. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will take place following the conclusion of Week 10, on or about November 12, 2013. The Official Contact for each potential winning League will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately three (3) days of the drawing date. The Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner. The Official Contact must be able to receive telephone calls from an unlisted and/or blocked number. Messages may not be left. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. The failure of potential Grand Prize winner Official Contact to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Administrator will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Grand Prize winner will be required to verify address and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (“Affidavit”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. In addition, the League Winner of the Grand Prize winning League will be required to complete a separate Affidavit in order to receive potential name and team name mention both on-air and in on-air ticker. The League Winner will be determined at the completion of Week 16 of the season on December 23, 2013.
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE IN RECEIVING THE LEAGUE WINNER AFFIDAVIT FOR WEEK 17 ON-AIR MENTION. The Official Contact will be required to provide the League Winner Affidavit, as directed by the Administrator, by December 26, 2013.
The Official Contact for the potential First prize winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within five (5) days of first attempted notification. The failure of the potential First Prize winner Official Contact to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Administrator will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities; WhatIfSports.com, STATS Inc., each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Acceptance of a prize authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Sweepstakes is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
12. SPONSOR: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC, 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave., Ste 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
14. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, available after December 24, 2014, or a copy of these official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “FOX Sports Fantasy Football League of the Year Sweepstakes” Winner's List or Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave., Ste 1130A, Orlando FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by January 24, 2014.