NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The FOX Sports Pro Football Pick ‘Em Challenge registration period begins on 8/28/12 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on 12/30/12 at 12:55 p.m. ET. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & Washington DC, who are at least 18 years of age. See Official Rules at http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/pickem for eligibility/restrictions/prize descriptions and complete details. THIS CONTEST IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: FOX Sports Interactive Media, LLC.
FOX Sports Pro Football Pick’Em Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “FOX Sports Pro Football Pick’Em Challenge” ("Challenge") is an online professional football winner prediction challenge. The Challenge sponsor is FOX Sports Interactive Media, LLC ("Sponsor"). The Challenge Administrator is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"). The Challenge presenter and prize provider is Southwest Airlines, Co. (“Presenter”). The Sponsor, Administrator and Presenter will collectively be referred to herein as the “Challenge Entities.”
- The Challenge registration period begins on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 12:55 pm ET (“Registration Period”).
- Beginning with the first scheduled professional football game of the 2012-2013 season, currently scheduled to take place on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, “Entrants” (as defined below) will have the opportunity to use their skill and knowledge of professional football to predict the winners of the games (each, a “Game” and collectively, the “Games”) during the first sixteen (16) weeks of the regular season (each week a “Challenge Week”) by proceeding to the Challenge page and completing predictions (a “Pick”) for each of the first sixteen (16) weeks of the regular season according to the on-screen instructions. Entrants can join the Challenge at any point during the Registration Period. Entrants can opt to participate or not participate in each Challenge Week in their sole discretion; Entrants do not have to participate for the entire season to be eligible for a prize and participation in any one Challenge Week will not affect any such Entrant’s chance of winning a “Weekly Prize” (as the term is defined below) in any future Challenge Week. The sixteen (16) Weekly Prize winners and Entrants originally tied for the Weekly Prize, if applicable (collectively, “Grand Prize Contenders”) will have the opportunity to compete for the “Grand Prize” (as the term is defined below) during week seventeen (17) of the regular season (“Final Challenge Week”).
Picks must be entered as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday Games: Picks lock five (5) minutes prior to scheduled kick-off for EACH Game on such day.
- Sunday Games: Picks for ALL Games lock five (5) minutes prior to scheduled opening kick-off of the FIRST Game of the day (approximately 12:55 pm ET).
- Visit http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/schedule to view the official professional football regular season schedule. This schedule governs Game start times and Game matchups and determines the beginning and ending of each individual Challenge Week (i.e. week 1 of the professional football regular season will be the first Challenge Week, week 2 the second Challenge Week, etc.).
- In the event that a Pick is not entered before the Game locks, this Pick will be counted as an incorrect selection against the Entrant’s record.
- Each correct Pick is worth one (1) point. No points will be awarded for ties; no points will be deducted for losses. Each Entrant must pick the winning team in order to be awarded the point.
- Additionally, Entrants will be asked to predict the final score of the LAST Game played in each given Challenge Week (“Tie-Breaker Game”) to serve as a tie-breaker. Tie-breaker rounds are detailed in Section Five (5) of these official rules (“Official Rules”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Challenge is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least 18 years of age or the age of legal majority in the state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Challenge Entities, STATS Inc., Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Challenge void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: To register, visit http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/pickem (“the Website”) and complete the online registration form. Once registered, Entrants then submit Picks for each Game, according to the instructions as detailed on the Website and in the Challenge Description in Section One (1) of these Official Rules. After entering selections, Entrants must click the “Submit” button on the form to register the Picks. If Entrant does not submit the Picks, according to the instructions, the Picks will not be valid. If Entrant wishes to make changes to Picks, Entrant may go back and change a Pick any time prior to the lock time for each Game. No changes or revisions will be permitted after lock time, as detailed in Section One (1). All information provided by Entrant becomes the property of Sponsor. Limit ten (10) registrations per person for the duration of the Registration Period. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED
4. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & TIE BREAKERS: From all eligible entries received the Entrant(s) with the best record each Challenge Week (“Potential Weekly Winner”), as determined by the number of correct predictions/points accumulated by that Entrant during each applicable week of the professional football regular season, will be declared a “Weekly Prize Winner.” The Grand Prize Contenders will compete during the Final Challenge Week to determine the “Grand Prize Winner”. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the number of correct predictions/points accumulated by the Grand Prize Contenders during the Final Challenge Week. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within approximately seven (7) days of the “best record” determination date. The Challenge Entities shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner. In the event a potential winner is notified by phone, the notifying party shall not be required to leave a message.
In the event of a tie during any Challenge Week or the Final Challenge Week, the tie will be broken according to the following:
- Entrant who correctly predicted the winner of the Tie-Breaker Game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the total points for the Tie-Breaker Game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the home team points for the Tie-Breaker Game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the road team points for the Tie-Breaker Game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the actual score for the winning team in the Tie-Breaker Game without going over
- Entrant who has the earliest timestamp for the Challenge Week
Challenge Entities reserve the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Prize Winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Challenge Entities will determine an alternate winner, based on the weekly or overall standings, as applicable. Winners may be required to verify their shipping address and return within five (5) days of first attempted notification an affidavit of eligibility a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”). Such Prize Claim Documents shall cover eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure of any winner to return the executed affidavit and release forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. A prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned.
Total Maximum Cumulative ARV: $9,014
|Grand Prize (1)
||The Grand Prize winner will receive the following: a five (5) day/four (4) night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Phoenix, Arizona (the “Trip”). Trip includes (a.) round-trip airfare on Southwest Airlines for two (2) from the major airport closest to winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines to Phoenix, Arizona; (b.) four (4) nights’ deluxe accommodations (one room, double occupancy); (c.) two (2) admission tickets to Desert Hummer tour ; (d.) and five (5) day car rental (subject to winner and/or his/her guest meeting rental car company’s terms and conditions of rental) Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: Two Thousand Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($2,294.00). Southwest Airlines tickets are subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. No blackout dates. Airline tickets will expire one year from date of issue. Expiration dates will not be extended, and tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. Tickets valid on Southwest-operated, published, scheduled service only. Accommodations are subject to availability; excludes holiday and convention dates; Trip must be taken within one (1) year from date of award.
|Weekly Prizes (1 per week; 16 cumulative prizes)
||Each Weekly Prize Winner will receive the following: Two (2) Southwest Airlines roundtrip tickets to the Southwest Airlines serviced destination of winner’s choice. Winner must depart from the major airport closest to winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines to the destination of the winner’s choice, served by Southwest Airlines. Southwest Airlines tickets are subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. No blackout dates. Expiration dates will not be extended, and tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. Tickets valid on Southwest-operated, published, scheduled service only. Airline tickets must be used within one (1) year of date they are awarded. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Prize: Four Hundred Twenty Dollars ($420.00). Weekly Prizes consist of Southwest Airline tickets ONLY; all other travel expenses (including but not limited to ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals and incidentals) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Actual prize value depends on winner's place of residence and cost and availability of airfare at time of booking. All Grand Prize details, travel accommodations and lodging are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize. If the actual value of any prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. For tax reporting purposes, the Grand Prize winner must provide Challenge Entities with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the prize winner for the actual value of any prize received. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Challenge Entities' sole discretion. In the event a travel companion is less than the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence, the winner accompanying the travel companion must be such travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel companion agree that they undertake the trip at their own risk. Winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date and must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or Passport) prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged to the winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Multiple prizes per household are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Challenge Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Challenge Entities; each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Acceptance of a prize authorizes the Challenge Entities and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Challenge Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Challenge Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Challenge Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Challenge Entities. Challenge Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Challenge Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHALLENGE ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
10. SPONSOR: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC, 2121 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
11. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave., Ste 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
12. PRESENTER: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611 Dallas, TX. 75235.
13. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the names of the Weekly Prize Winners, available after January 16, 2013, or a copy of these official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “FOX Sports Pro Pick ‘Em Challenge” Winner's List or Rules, 189 South Orange Ave, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by February 1, 2013.