FOX Sports Exclusive
2013 Fantasy Football: Top 3 Rookies
My 2013 fantasy football top three rookies are:
1) Montee Ball - Broncos
- Willis McGahee cut opens the door for Ball to shine in year one
- Competing against Ronnie Hillman and Knowshon Moreno (knee scope) for touches
- For those worried about Ball producing within a Peyton Manning-led, pass-first offense, remember that guys like Edgerrin James and Joseph Addai racked up points for their fantasy football owners, while Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne did work downfield. Ball will benefit from the passing game.
2) Le'Veon Bell - Steelers
- How confident were the Steelers in Jon Dwyer and Isaac Redman leading their rushing attack in 2013? The franchise drafted Bell in the second round.
- No more Mike Wallace and Heath Miller is recovering from injury means Ben Roethlisberger will lean on Antonio Brown and, likely, Bell to move the chains.
- At 6-foot-2, 240 pounds, Bell should enjoy some action inside the 10 yard line.
3) Giovani Bernard / Tyler Eifert - Bengals
- The Bengals selected Eifert in the first round and Bernard in the second round.
- Eifert: NFL offenses are moving towards more two TE sets and could mean some early playing time for Eifter
- Plus, Jermaine Gresham has been good, not great, in his first few seasons with the Bengals.
- Bernard: He's a different style runner than BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Granted, Green-Ellis did rush for over 1,000 yards in 2012, but it wasn't pretty and I think most fantasy owners realize the Bengals are looking for more in their running game to help take some pressure off A.J. Green. Look for Bernard's fantasy stock to rise in August and on into the season.