Pitroipa joins Rennes from Hamburg
Rennes has confirmed the signing of Jonathan Pitroipa from Hamburg on a four-year contract.
- Tottenham swoops for Scott Parker
- Gunners boosts defense with Santos signing
- Reds star Joe Cole joins Lille on loan
- Holland winger Elia snapped up by Juventus
- City signs Arsenal midfielder Nasri
- Blackburn makes bid for Schalke ace Raul
- Ayala joins Norwich from Liverpool
- Fabregas signs five-year Barcelona deal
- Liverpool signs Toon defender Enrique
- Lamela leaves River Plate for Roma
- Lukaku on his way to Chelsea
- Zhirkov leaves Blues for Russia return
The 25-year-old Burkina Faso midfielder flew from Germany to France over the weekend to finalise a move which is reported to be worth 3.5million euros (£3.16million) to the Bundesliga club.
Pitroipa made 97 appearances for Hamburg, scoring six goals, after joining them from Freiburg in 2008.
Hamburg sporting director Frank Arnesen told the Hamburger Morgenpost earlier this week: "Jonathan came to us on a free transfer three years ago, now we will get some money for him. But we will be losing a good, talented player.''
A statement on Rennes' official website www.staderennais.com read: "Recruited from German club Hamburg, Jonathan Pitroipa on Thursday signed a four-year contract with Rennes.''