Lazio to play in empty stadium
NYON, Switzerland (AP)
UEFA has ordered Lazio to play its next two home matches in European competition in an empty stadium as punishment for a fourth offense of racist behavior by its fans this season.
RACISM: THE BIG ISSUE
- Blatter blasts level of Roma fine
- UEFA fines Inter for fan behavIor
- Boateng relives ordeal in court
- Millwall supporter charged
- Dani Alves hits out at racist chants
- Japan star leaves Slovakia over racism
- Boateng walks off pitch in protest
- FA approves new anti-racism plan
- Zenit fans release shocking manifesto
- Fan arrested for alleged racist tweet
- New arrivals to have cultural lessons
- Clattenburg cleared of racism | Video
- Swansea fan arrested over gesture
- Lazio fined for chants at Tottenham
UEFA did not specify the offensive behavior, which was widely reported to have been fans making fascist-style salutes.
Lazio was also fined €40,000 ($52,000). Its UEFA fines now total €220,000 ($294,000) this season.
Lazio's latest sanction followed incidents during a 2-0 victory against Borussia Moenchengladbach last Thursday.
UEFA previously found Lazio fans guilty after home and away matches against Tottenham, and away to Maribor.