Suarez signing would please Ivanovic
MORE LUIS SUAREZ
- Suarez 'scared' of missing World Cup
- Long-term contract for Suarez
- Suarez: I'm much calmer person
- Gerrard reveals Suarez exit fears
- Name booed at PFA awards ceremony
- Suarez decides against appeal
- FA hands Suarez 10-match ban
- Suarez accepts violent conduct charge
- Reds forward bites Ivanovic | Video
- Uruguay striker punches defender?
- Suarez admits to diving | Boss hits out
- Suarez handed eight-match ban
Suarez was banned for 10 matches after putting his teeth into Ivanovic during a Barclays Premier League clash in April and has been linked with a move away from Anfield, with Stamford Bridge rumored to be among his possible destinations.
"About Luis Suarez, I said straight after the game, whatever happened on the field finished there," Ivanovic said in Bangkok on Tuesday.
"He's one of the best strikers in the Premier League. I don't have any problem with him."
The 29-year-old played down the prospect of a transfer ahead of Jose Mourinho's first match of his second spell in charge, the Bangkok clash with Singha All-Stars which comes a week into pre-season preparations.
"The first thing, we are a little bit too far from reality," Ivanovic said.
"We are not so focused on that kind of thing.
"For us, the most important thing is to pass this base, which is very important for every single player for the beginning of the season.
"My situation, I've always said I'm happy to be here.
"I will do everything and will work hard to do everything for the club. Nothing will change until the last day I'm here."