Former Rangers defender retires
- Oldco Rangers fined; keeps titles
- Papac retires on health grounds
- Gers held by plucky Berwick
- USA midfielder Edu joins Stoke
- Bedoya signs for Helsingborgs
- Rangers complete double deal
- Move to fourth tier approved
- Davis moves to Southampton
- Rangers accept transfer ban
- Dundee to replace Rangers
- Rangers placed in Third Division
Former Rangers defender Sasa Papac has decided to end his playing career for health reasons.
The 32-year-old Bosnian concluded his six-year stay at the Scottish giants when his contract expired this summer.
He notched up 226 appearances for the Glasgow side after joining from Austria Vienna in 2006.
But he had been sidelined since April 7 with a groin injury and he has now decided to hang up his boots, despite having had some offers to continue.
Papac told Dnevni list: "After long thought I have decided to end my playing career.
"For health reasons I'm no longer able to meet the requirements of professional football.
"I wish all the best to all my former clubs and of course to my national team, which can qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil."