Balotelli injures leg in training
Italy's star forward Mario Balotelli exited the training pitch with a right leg muscle problem, two days before the Azzurri open their Confederations Cup campaign against Mexico.
MORE CONFEDERATIONS CUP
- Brazil beats Spain in final | Video
- Confed Cup: Italy wins third place
- One protester confirmed dead
- Trecker: Brazilian protests intensify
- World Cup future remains in doubt
- Pele supports Brazilian protesters
- Why force Brazil to host World Cup?
- Blatter blasts Brazilian protesters
- Protests hit Brasilia before Cup
- World Cup countdown starts now
- Blog | Photos | Scores | Standings
The Italian football federation said that Balotelli walked off a closed training session with team physician Enrico Castellacci but that it was only for precautionary reasons and related to a previous physical problem.
Castellacci will evaluate the problem further on Saturday.
Stephan El Shaarawy, Balotelli's strike partner at AC Milan, trained separately from the squad Thursday.
Italy's other forwards are Alberto Gilardino, Alessandro Diamanti, Alessio Cerci and Sebastian Giovinco.