12-year-old Ye sets Euro Tour record
CHENGDU, China (AP)
A 12-year-old Chinese boy will become the youngest player to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
ALL TIGER, ALL THE TIME
- Sergio: I don't need Tiger as friend
- Tiger will play Begay's charity event
- Tiger: No plans for truce with Sergio
- Tiger wins at TPC; Sergio falters
- Tiger finishes T-4th at Masters
- Lusetich: Tiger isn't to blame
- Tiger: I never considered withdrawing
- Montana rips Masters officials
- Woods dodges DQ at Masters
- Lusetich: Too-perfect shot costly
- Lusetich: Tiger has No. 1 'tude
Ye Wocheng finished third Wednesday in one of the four 36-hole regional qualifiers for the China Open, which starts May 2 and is jointly sanctioned by the European Tour.
He carded a 68 despite three-putting his last two holes on Tuesday at the Wolong Valley Country Club, and had a 2-over 74 on Tuesday to finish three shots behind Jin Daxing and Li Xinyang with a two-round total of 142
Ye, a member of the Hillview Golf Club in Dongguan, is set to break the record held by Guan Tianlang, who was 13 when he played in the China Open last year.