Daly withdraws from Singapore Open
Troubled two-time major winner John Daly has pulled out of the Singapore Open citing fatigue.
European Tour spokesman Paul Symes said Daly withdrew early Saturday and was heading to Hong Kong for next weekend's Hong Kong Open.
Daly was sitting well below the projected cut at 11 over and had completed 11 holes of the second round Friday before play was suspended due to thunderstorms.
The American received a sponsor's invite to play in Singapore.
Daley said earlier this week he's hoping to play on both the U.S. PGA and European tours next year. He's currently sitting at 143rd on the PGA Tour money list and needs to stay in the top 150 to retain conditional status and continue receiving to receive invitations to play next year.
- Luke Donald well sleep on a 2 stroke lead at the RBC Heritage but there are plenty of guys within striking distance.
- South Carolina native Ben Martin finds himself in a 3 way tie for the lead at the only PGA Tour event played on his home soil The RBC Heritage.
- RBC Heritage Golf Tournament spectator parking on Hilton Head Island under water.