Lee breaks 36-hole mark at Founders
Jee Young Lee of South Korea birdied three of her last four holes to take a one-stroke lead over Ai Miyazato on another hot day at the LPGA Founders Cup.
ALL TIGER, ALL THE TIME
- Does Elin approve of Tiger-Vonn?
- Tiger responds to 'fried chicken' line
- Behind Tiger's feud with Sergio
- Sergio: I don't need Tiger as friend
- Tiger: No plans for truce with Sergio
- Tiger wins at TPC; Sergio falters
- Lusetich: Tiger isn't to blame
- Tiger: I never considered withdrawing
- Woods dodges DQ at Masters
Lee had a bogey-free 8-under 64 on Friday to reach 15-under 129 and break the tournament 36-hole record. She played in the morning before the temperatures climbed into the low 90s Fahrenheit (30s Celsius) at Desert Ridge.
Miyazato bogeyed her final hole for a 67 a day after shooting a tournament-record 63. The Japanese star is playing her first event since sustaining a whiplash injury three weeks ago in a car accident in Thailand.
Third-ranked Stacy Lewis, coming off a victory two weeks ago in Singapore, was four strokes back after a 65.