Sports venues popular on Instagram
Love it or hate it, Instagram is wildly popular. Users upload over 1 billion photos per day on the photo editing and sharing application.
But the app is a lens on world culture, so it should be no surprise that sports sites ranked high among 2012's top 10 most Instagrammed locations.
The top spot is Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand, where over 100,000 photos were taken last year.
But three West Coast sports venues also made the list: the San Francisco Giants' AT&T Park, and Dodger Stadium and Staples Center, both in Los Angeles.
AT&T Park is a Wi-Fi hotspot that makes it easy for Instagram users to upload photos When it opened in 2004 it became the first professional sports venue to provide wireless access to fans in all concourses and seating areas.
The full list of Instagram's 2012 most popular locations:
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand
2. Siam Paragon shopping mall, Bangkok
3. Disneyland Park, Anaheim, Calif.
4. Times Square, New York City
5. AT&T Park, San Francisco
6. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Los Angeles
7. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
8. Eiffel Tower, Paris
9. Staples Center, Los Angeles
10. Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, Calif.