Five Things Jeff Burton Can Do In 2014
With Wednesday's announcement that Jeff Burton will not drive the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing in 2014, the veteran's future is up in the air.
"I'm going to look at all my options. I don't know what else is out there," Burton said. "I'll look at my options and listen to what people have to say."
Here at Shake and Bake, we have a few suggestions as to how Burton can spend his free time in 2014.
1. Live up to his nickname and run for mayor of Huntersville, N.C.
2. Become a translator for his brother Ward.
3. Team up with Mark Martin, who is also taking a different role in the sport in 2014, to remake a NASCAR version of the movie "The Bucket List."
4. Get back to the family business of contruction and put all those Caterpillar toys to some good use.
5. Prepare for a likely future in broadcasting by hitting up the local public access stations on a weekly basis.