Penske Racing... you've been denied. This afternoon, the NASCAR Appeals Panel unanimously upheld the severe sanctions handed to the #2 and #22 teams following the April 13th race at Texas Motor Speedway. The team actually still has one more chance to try and reverse the punishment - that final appeal is currently scheduled for next Tuesday.
Here's what else is buzzing in your Last Lap for Wednesday, May 1st.
- Danica Patrick gives hockey face [Terez Owens]
- AJ McCarron joining Chipper Jones in Talledega [SB Nation]
- Talladega Speedway: Home of "The Big One" [That's Racin]
- NASCAR and Its 100-Plus Mile-an-Hour Electric Pace Car [Bleacher Report]
- Brian Vickers' Red Bull #83 is up for sale [eBay]
Instagram Image of the Day