FOX Sports Exclusive
Virtual Pit Reporter: News on top 25 Cup teams
Share This Story
1) Jimmie Johnson | 2) Tony Stewart | 3) Matt Kenseth | 4) Mark Martin
5) Kevin Harvick | 6) Dale Earnhardt Jr. | 7) Kasey Kahne | 8) Kyle Busch
9) Jeff Gordon | 10) Casey Mears | 11) Dale Jarrett | 12) Jeff Burton
13) Carl Edwards | 14) Elliott Sadler | 15) Clint Bowyer | 16) Denny Hamlin
17) Jamie McMurray | 18) Kurt Busch | 19) Brian Vickers | 20) Greg Biffle
21) Jeff Green | 22) J.J. Yeley | 23) Ryan Newman | 24) Scott Riggs
25) Martin Truex Jr.
14) Elliott Sadler, No. 38 Ford, Robert Yates Racing
This week: In 13 starts at Darlington, Sadler has been running at the finish all 13 times. As a result, Sadler he ranks first in fewest DNF's in the long history of the track. He has four top-10 finishes in those 13 races, including a second in the 2002 spring race. In March 2003 Sadler won the first pole position of his Cup career at the famed facility.
Last week: Sadler was all smiles at Richmond after starting 37th and finishing 13th for his fifth top-15 finish of the season. "I am really proud of this team," said Sadler. "For some reason, it took us awhile to get going on new tires, but this car was a lot better than it was yesterday in practice. Tommy (Baldwin, crew chief) made some great changes, and I think we had a top-10 car but just couldn't get going until the middle of a green flag run."
Etc.: Sadler sees "brighter days ahead for Robert Yates Racing, I really do. By the time Charlotte comes around (next week) and by the time June comes around when we start getting all this new technology stuff that we need to have, we should be a lot better race team than we are now." Go back to the top