Blair signs to play with Russian team
The agent for DeJuan Blair says the San Antonio Spurs forward has signed to play in Russia during the lockout.
- Former Duke star signs with Madrid
- Williams scores 11 in Turkish debut
- Knicks' Turiaf headed to France
- Thunder's Sefolosha to Turkey
- Spurs' Parker to play in France
- Kobe, Italian club working on deal
- Agent: K-Mart heading to China
- Mavs' Fernandez staying in Spain
- Nuggets F rejoining Italian club
- J.R. Smith signs with Chinese team
- Wilson Chandler going to China
- Stern: Going overseas a bad idea
Happy Walters wrote on his Twitter page Friday night that Blair would play "against some great teams and will use the extra minutes to get ready for the season, stay in shape and work on new areas of his game."
Yahoo Sports! reported the deal was with Krasnye Krylya Samara and contained an opt-out clause allowing Blair to return to the NBA when the lockout ends.
Blair averaged 8.3 points and 7.0 rebounds in his second NBA season, helping the Spurs win 61 games.