Hockey players mock LeBron's cramps
MIAMI HEAT: NBA CHAMPS
- Heat claim crown with Game 5 rout
- LeBron earns Finals MVP, first ring
- Whitlock: LeBron grows into champ
- Reiter: Cheer LeBron for changing
- Witz: Title lifts LeBron's burden
- Tomasson: First ring worth the wait
- Miller may retire after huge game
- Gilman: What's next for Thunder?
- Photos: Game 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- Playoff Central: NBA Finals
James missed the closing minutes of a Miami victory and looked to be in an incredible amount of pain on the sidelines.
"We get it Lebron, it doesn't hurt when you're running around but it looks unbearable when the cameras are close up during the timeouts," tweeted Nick Bonino of the Anaheim Ducks.
Ryan Potulny, a forward in the Capitals' system, was less sarcastic -- and seemingly more offended by James' grimacing.
"Lebron James is embarrassing himself and the NBA or actually all athletes," Potulny tweeted.
A few hockey players also questioned James' toughness compared to the kind of physical toll their sport takes on the body.
"I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?" tweeted Blake Wheeler of the Winnipeg Jets.
Scott Valentine of the Milwaukee Admirals, the AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators, went with the over-the-top approach.
"Oh my god guys, Lebron [sic] has a cramp, everyone get on their feet, standing O for somehow staying in the game," he wrote. "If Lebron somehow manages to pull off winning a ring after fighting through a thigh cramp.. it will be a story I tell my children's children."
James and the Heat can wrap up the NBA Finals in Game 5 on Thursday night in Miami.