AP Pro32 ballot from Collinsworth
NEW YORK (AP)
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Cris Collinsworth of NBC Sports:
CRIS COLLINSWORTH (NBC Sports)
2. New England - Even Belichick needs talent. First six draft choices all on defense.
3. New York Giants - No surprise that ''Old School'' coaches met in Super Bowl. Discipline wins.
4. Philadelphia - Hot team that nobody wanted to see in playoffs last year. Jason Peters loss a concern.
7. Baltimore - Joe Flacco was brilliant against Patriots in AFC championship game.
9. Houston - Wade Phillips is magician with that defense. Johnathan Joseph was key.
12. Dallas - Rob Ryan's defense too exotic to play without cornerbacks. Now he has them.
13. San Diego - Ryan Mathews must take pressure off Phillip Rivers. Too many turnovers.
14. New York Jets - Great defense with sideshow on offense. Who knows how this plays out?
15. Atlanta - Mike Nolan and Dirk Koetter are new coordinators. Will it take time?
16. Detroit - Great young talent. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson hard to stop.
17. Cincinnati - Marvin Lewis made playoffs with rookie QB, WR, and offensive coordinator.
18. Seattle - Rookie Bruce Irvin has to take pressure off Chris Clemons on pass rush.
19. Carolina - Cam Newton was stunning last year. Defense needs help.
20. Kansas City - If Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Tony Moeaki are healthy, look out.
21. Buffalo - Could be dominant defensive line with Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, and Marcell Dareus.
22. Tampa Bay - Greg Schiano reminds me of coaches on the top of this list.
23. Tennessee - Impressive weapons for either QB.
24. Arizona - Kevin Kolb with an offseason, and Michael Floyd added to lineup.
25. Oakland - Darren McFadden is superstar and Carson Palmer has time to learn new offense.
26. Miami - QBs and receivers are questions, defense solid.
27. Minnesota - Jared Allen's incredible year lost on poor season in killer division.
28. Washington - RG3 in Shanahan's bootleg system feels like great fit, but it's early.
29. Cleveland - Trent Richardson is tough, but Brandon Weeden will have his hands full in difficult division.
30. Jacksonville - Mike Mularkey will establish MJD like he did Michael Turner and then play action with Blaine Gabbert, who could surprise.
31. St. Louis - Jeff Fisher, healthy Sam Bradford, and Chris Long coming off big year . . . surprise team?
32. Indianapolis - Even Peyton Manning struggled his rookie year. Andrew Luck will be great eventually.
Online: http://bigstory.ap.org/NFL-Pro32 and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL