Jay Gruden reportedly to be Bengals' OC
Jay Gruden, the brother of Super Bowl-winning coach Jon Gruden, will be named the new offensive coordinator of the Bengals, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported Thursday.
SUPER BOWL XLV
- Packers win | Highlights | Box score
- Whitlock: Moral of the Super Bowl
- Rodgers turns page | Bring trophy home
- Christina Aguilera flubs national anthem
- Video: How Lombardi Trophy is made
- Complete Super Bowl XLV coverage
- Pics: Game action | Celebs | Halftime act
- Watch the best commercials
- Buy Packers Super Bowl gear here!
Gruden, 43, will take over for Bob Bratkowski, who was fired earlier this week after 10 years in the job. He will inherit an offense that has finished 20th or worse in total yardage for the past three seasons.
Gruden, a former star quarterback at Louisville from 1985-88, spent last season as head coach of the United Football League's Florida Tuskers, leading the team to the championship game.
He was an offensive assistant from 2002 to 2008 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers while his older brother, Jon, served as head coach. Jon Gruden currently works as an analyst for ESPN, and his name is often mentioned when NFL head coaching positions become available.
Read more sports news here