Cavaliers (1-1) at Bucks (1-0) - Game #3
NOV 03, 2012 11:32a ET
TIP-OFF: 8:30 p.m.
TV: FOX Sports Ohio HD ( Cavaliers Live Pre-Game, 8 p.m.)
RADIO: WTAM-1100 AM (8 p.m.)
Cavs vs. Bucks
C – Anderson Varejao vs. Samuel Dalembert
F – Tristan Thompson vs. Ersan Ilyasova
F – Alonzo Gee vs. Tobias Harris
G – Dion Waiters vs. Monta Ellis
G – Kyrie Irving vs. Brandon Jennings
COACHES: Byron Scott, Cavs; Scott Skiles, Bucks.
• The Bucks’ season-opening win Friday in Boston wasn’t much different than the Cavs’ loss to Chicago. Basically, the Bucks had their way from the start and the rout was on.
• Of course, not many people expect much from the Bucks this year, but they believe they’re a playoff team -- and will play the role of spoiler once there.
• The Bucks may be on to something. They’re a fairly young team with two borderline All-Stars in the backcourt. Also, it’s pretty clear Skiles is a good coach who has his team’s full attention.
• Jennings scored 21 points vs. the Celtics. Harris, making his first career start, scored 18.
• Prior to the draft, one scout called Waiters a “stronger, better-passing version of Monta Ellis.” If that turns out to be the case, the Cavs struck gold. Waiters’ ability to contain Ellis tonight will be key. Goodness knows, Ellis is gonna shoot. He went 6-for-20 in the opener.
• Skiles always has the Bucks playing hard defensively. They held the Celtics to 88 points and 44-percent shooting.
• Tonight is the first of a six-game (in 11 days) trip for the Cavs, which will take them to the West Coast, then end in Brooklyn.
Follow Sam Amico on Twitter @SamAmicoFSO
+ SHOW COMMENTS +