Cavs (13-32) vs. Warriors (27-17) - Game #46
JAN 29, 2013 1:28a ET
Kyrie Irving is an All-Star point guard. At least, he is according to Eastern Conference coaches, who voted Irving to the team. Stephen Curry is not an All-Star point guard. At least, he’s not according to West coaches, who did not vote Curry to the team. So you can expect Curry and the Warriors to be playing with some extra determination. And they’re pretty doggone good as is.
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland.
TV/Radio: 6:30 p.m. EST, FOX Sports Ohio/WTAM
All-Time Series: Warriors lead, 51-49, and have won four straight.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (27-17)
C Festus Ezeli
PF David Lee
SF Harrison Barnes
SG Klay Thompson
PG Stephen Curry
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (13-32)
C Tyler Zeller
PF Tristan Thompson
SF Alonzo Gee
SG Dion Waiters
PG Kyrie Irving
• Irving is sick and missed shootaround. He is a game-time decision.
• Curry tweaked his ankle in the third quarter Monday and did not return. He did, however, do some light running in the hallway outside the locker room. But with the game in hand, the Warriors decided against bringing him back. He is a game-time decision.
• Curry gave Warriors’ fans hope for Tuesday’s game by posting the following to his Twitter account late Monday: “Back in the States after a good win. Ankle shmankle bgankle. Gotta Stay positive!”
• It sounds like C.J. Miles (illness) will return for the Cavs. But Byron Scott said he’ll stick with Dion Waiters in the starting lineup, as the Cavs have won three straight.
• Miles is likely to replace Daniel Gibson in the rotation. Gibson missed Monday’s practice with a sprained toe is out for Tuesday.
• Warriors center Andrew Bogut returned after a 38-game absence Monday and scored 12 points. But the team is holding him out of back-to-backs. So he is out tonight.
• Rookie center Ezeli started when Bogut was injured -- but didn't play at all Monday.
• The Cavs lost to the Warriors (106-96) at Golden State on Nov. 7. But a lot of things have changed since then. For instance, Samardo Samuels started for the Cavs in that game. He’s no longer in the league.
• Lee has compiled an NBA-high 18 games with at least 20 points and 10 rebounds. Read: The improved Thompson has his hands full Tuesday.
• Cavs assistant coach Paul Pressey was an assistant with Golden State in 1992-93. A slew of injuries forced him out of retirement and onto the court that season. He averaged 4.4 points in 18 games.
• The Cavs have won three straight. Irving is averaging 35.7 points and shooting 61 percent in the previous three games.
+ SHOW COMMENTS +