Cavs (15-34) vs. Magic (14-34) - Game #50
FEB 08, 2013 1:02p ET
If the Cavaliers can stay motivated, they’re actually not half bad. In fact, the lineup of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Alonzo Gee, Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller has gone 8-6. All but Gee are in their first or second NBA seasons. Meanwhile, the Magic are finally suffering the post- Dwight Howard hangover everyone expected. They’ve lost 11 straight. But they’ve defeated the Cavs 10 straight.
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland.
TV/Radio: 7 p.m. EST, FOX Sports Ohio/WTAM
All-Time Series: Magic lead, 43-32, and have won 10 straight in series.
ORLANDO MAGIC (14-34)
C Nikola Vucevic
PF Andrew Nicholson
SF Maurice Harkless
SG Arron Afflalo
PG Jameer Nelson
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (15-34)
C Tyler Zeller
PF Tristan Thompson
SF Alonzo Gee
SG Dion Waiters
PG Kyrie Irving
• J.J. Redick (shoulder) is out for the Magic. Afflalo, who missed the previous two games because of personal reasons, will play. If Afflalo doesn’t start, the nod is likely to go to E’Twaun Moore.
• Cavs reserve forward Marreese Speights has recorded at least 10 points and five rebounds in each of his five games since arriving in a trade with Memphis.
• The Cavs have won five of six at home.
• Earlier this season, the Magic became the first team since 1977-78 to lose five of their seven straight games (Dec. 21-Jan. 2) by four points or less. Overall, they’re 3-15 in games decided by six points or less.
• The Magic also have yet to win a game when they fail to reach 90 points (0-16). They are, however, 9-8 when they hit 100.
+ SHOW COMMENTS +