Cavs (16-37) vs. Hornets (19-34) - Game #54
FEB 20, 2013 1:30p ET
The Cavs return from the All-Star break with the idea of actually winning. Not that they haven’t been trying before, but sometimes, all a young team needs is the excitement of All-Star weekend (which four of the Cavs’ starters received) to get a fresh perspective on what it takes to be great. The Hornets are expected to be without starting guard Eric Gordon, who will sit out because of medical requirements surrounding his still-healing knee.
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland.
TV/Radio: 7:30 p.m. EST, FOX Sports Ohio/WTAM
All-Time Series: Cavs lead, 42-38.
NEW ORLEANS HORNETS (19-34)
C Robin Lopez
PF Anthony Davis
SF Al-Farouq Aminu
SG Austin Rivers
PG Greivis Vasquez
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (16-37)
C Tyler Zeller
PF Tristan Thompson
SF Alonzo Gee
SG Dion Waiters
PG Kyrie Irving
• The Hornets are 12-12 in 2013, after a 7-23 start.
• Hornets forward Ryan Anderson led the NBA in 3-point field goals made (159) entering Monday’s loss at Chicago.
• Vasquez is averaging 13.8 points, 9.4 assists and 5.4 rebounds, nearly twice his career averages in all categories entering the season.
• The Hornets might actually have something if they could stay healthy. They’ve had players miss 56 games because of injury or rest, and have rolled out seven different starting lineups.
• Sources say the Hornets are in talks with Golden State about a potential trade centered on Gordon and Warriors guard Klay Thompson. The New Orleans Times-Picayune first reported the story.
• Even if the Hornets don’t ship Gordon to the Warriors, look for them to trade him somewhere, perhaps in the off-season. He supposedly would welcome a deal.
+ SHOW COMMENTS +