Tennis

Madrid court postpones Tomic hearing

Share This Story

   
 

MADRID (AP)

A Madrid court has postponed the trial for the father of Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic because of the victim of an alleged assault was unable to attend a hearing.

John Tomic was charged with assaulting his son's hitting partner, Thomas Drouet, after allegedly head-butting him near their hotel before last week's Madrid Open.

Drouet said he was left with a broken nose and temporarily needed a neck brace.

A hearing was scheduled for Tuesday but the Madrid court said it has been postponed until October because Drouet is abroad and unable to attend.

The court said John Tomic is free to leave the country but will be required by law to return when a new date is set.

 



Related Stories

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by



Tennis Videos

Djokovic tops Federer in five-set Wimbledon final Posted: Jul 06, 2014
Novak Djokovic captures his second Wimbledon title while denying Roger Federer a...

Dramatic Moments of the Week: 6/2-6/8 Posted: Jun 09, 2014
We count down the most dramatic moments from the week in sports, including the K...

Williams sisters bounced at Roland Garros Posted: May 28, 2014
Andy Roddick on Venus and Serena losing on the same day at the French Open.

Fox Sports Store