Minor fire at Lambeau causes $5K damage
DEC 13, 2012 7:55a ET
WLUK-TV reports workers were cutting a beam near the fourth floor Wednesday when sparks landed inside a wall, igniting foam insulation.
The area was evacuated. One firefighter suffered a minor back injury.
Green Bay Fire Lt. Nick Craig says the fire was small but in an unwieldy area. He says fire officials had to proceed slowly because they didn't want to open the wall and allow the flames an oxygen supply until they had enough water on hand.
The fire happened on Aaron Rodgers Day, a day the state proclaimed in honor of the Packers quarterback because Rodgers wears No. 12 and the date Wednesday was 12-12-12.
+ SHOW COMMENTS +