Wisconsin-Tennessee Tech pregame notes
SEP 06, 2013 4:02p ET
Here's a few notes and tidbits to chew on as you await what is likely the penultimate game vs. an FCS team for the Badgers:
• Gary Andersen has never had a winning record as head coach in his career. His record currently stands at 31-31.
• Wisconsin has started 2-0 in 10 of the last 11 seasons and won its first two home games in every year dating back to 2004.
• Wisconsin is 11-0 all-time against FCS teams, including 2-0 against Ohio Valley Conference teams (49-10 vs. Murray State in 1999 and 70-3 vs. Austin Peay in 2010).
• In its last six games against FCS teams, Wisconsin is averaging 246 yards rushing and 243.8 yards passing.
• Tennessee Tech has played 10 FBS teams in the last seven years. The average score of those games is 46-6.
• In the Sagarin Ratings, Tennessee Tech is No. 185. For comparison sake, UMass is No. 153 and Wisconsin No. 21.
• Wisconsin is 26-3 (.897) at home since 2009, the fifth-best mark among BCS teams during that span. UW is 56-6 (.903) at home since 2004, third-best among FBS teams.
• Since 2004, Wisconsin has lost only one home game in which it had a 100-yard rusher (last year against Ohio State).
• Chris Borland needs one forced fumble to tie the FBS all-time record of 14 (note: Stat only kept since 2000).
• Borland needs one tackle to pass Michael Reid for 16th place and seven to pass Scott Nelson for 15th place on UW's all-time list.
• Borland needs .5 tackles for loss to break a tie for seventh place, 1 to tie and 1.5 to pass Anttaj Hawthorne for sixth place, 1.5 to tie and 2 to pass Dave Ahrens for fifth place on UW's all-time list.
• Borland needs 2 sacks to tie DeAndre Levy for 11th place and 2.5 to tie Matt Shaughnessy for 10th place on UW's all-time list.
• Borland's next fumble recovery will put him in a tie for third place on UW's all-time list with 7. Mark Zakula is in second with eight and Scott Erdmann is at No. 1 with nine.
• Jared Abbrederis needs one reception to tie and two to pass Chris Chambers for sixth place on UW's all-time list. He needs five to tie and six to pass Al Toon for fifth place.
• Abbrederis' next receiving touchdown will be his 19th, tying him with Jonathan Orr and Al Toon for third place on UW's all-time list. Two receiving TDs will put him all alone in third. Tony Simmons is second with 23.
• Abbrederis needs 55 all-purpose yards to pass Ira Matthews for 10th place on UW's all-time list.
• Abbrederis has had the last five 100+-yard receiving games for the Badgers and seven of the last 10 (Nick Toon with the other three).
• Abbrederis needs one punt return to tie and two to pass Ira Matthews for seventh place and three to tie and four to pass Archie Burks for sixth place on UW's all-time list.
• James White needs 101 rushing yards to pass Rufus Ferguson for 11th place on UW's all-time list.
• White needs one rushing touchdown to tie and two to pass Brent Moss for seventh place on UW's all-time list.
• White needs one touchdown pass Moss for seventh place on UW's all-time list.
• White needs 37 all-purpose yards to pass Billy Marek for ninth place and 74 yards to pass Nick Davis for eighth place on UW's all-time list.
• Kyle French needs two field goals to tie and three to pass Steven Veith for 10th place on UW's all-time list.
• French needs six extra points to tie Roger Jaeger for eighth place and eight to tie Vitaly Pisetsky for seventh place on UW's all-time list.predictions of the game from around the web as well as Jesse Temple's look at the Aggies.